The American Concrete Institute (ACI) defines Microsilica as “very fine non-crystalline silica produced in electric arc furnaces as a by-product of production of elemental silicon or alloys containing silicon” (ACI 116R). It is different from pulverized silica. Microsilica, also known as silica fume.
Standard Specification :
Microsilica (Silica Fume) meeting the requirements of ASTM C 1240, EN 13263, JIS A 6207 and ISIRI 13278.
Main Applications :
• Concrete and cements
• Refractory and Ceramics
• Polymer and chemical industry
• Oil well grouting
• Reduce life cycle cost
• Reduce construction costs by designing slender elements
• Reduce bridge construction costs by increasing span
• Reduce shotcrete costs by decreasing return materials
• Reduce paving costs by one pass finishing
• Reduce corrosion protection costs
Environment Issue :
Microsilica is a byproduct of the factory and thereby does not have cement problems.